Sunday, June 10, 2007

Thank you for being a friend

My weekend was spent watching Golden Girls reruns. Are you a fan? I love The Golden Girls. I have many fond memories of watching this show as a kid with my great-grandmother. She didn’t speak English, and neither did I. I was too young for pre-school, but I picked up lots of English from television. We used to call this show “Those 4 Women” since I didn’t learn to read yet. But we watched The Golden Girls religiously. It was like having all the grannies over for tea.

Even today The Golden Girls are significant. It’s astonishing to see the resemblance between their lives and my life in college. It's a lifestyle I wouldn't mind having again someday. I mean, having your closest friends under the same roof, staying up all night talking over cheesecake and coffee-- that sounds pretty wonderful. And I can’t count the number of times I’ve done that in college. If you scrap the cheesecake for chicken wings, and the coffee for beer, it's like looking into a mirror. Jane Magazine's Stephanie Trong thinks this is a brilliant idea too. There’s a ton of pressure in your 20s to live up to career, social, and relationship expectations. How do you do it? The answer is so simple: marry all your friends.

Golden Girls Theme:



Andrew Gold- Thank you for being a friend

free music

No comments: