Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Feeling kind of FEISTY

In my first attempt to bring you this video, I fell asleep at my computer and woke up to 300 pages of ddddddddddd. I’m thinking this means I need an assistant. If interested, please send me your resumes. I can only afford to pay you with gratitude and cashews, so if you are nuts about nuts, let me know!

Sometimes it takes time for me to warm up to an artist. Everyone had been raving about Feist for awhile, but I wasn’t completely sold. But after I saw this spectacularly cheesy video for “One Evening,” I was floored. This is storytelling at its finest, using the art of interpretive dance and a low-budget lightshow. Just goes to show you that you don’t need a ton of money to make a great music video. For the past several days I’ve been suppressing the urge to do this dance everywhere: At the office, waiting for the light to change at the corner, while in line at a movie, buying tomatoes… the list goes on. Featured in this video with Leslie Feist is Buck 65, a Canadian rapper whom you may remember from the song “Wicked and Weird.” I think it was one of those songs that caused a blip on the radar, and then was destined for eternal airplay at the Abercrombie & Fitch. So here's Buck busting a move with Feist:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You were right, this is ADORABLE!!!