Sunday, June 3, 2007

Susan Cagle- "Dream"

Shabs and I first stumbled upon Susan Cagle a couple of months ago during our rush through Union Square. We stood for one song before we really had to dash, but our platform was right by the staircase where she was singing, so lucky us! She’s got a wonderful bright, effervescent quality to her, much like Corrine Bailey Rae, except with more sweeping guitar riffs. And she was also featured on an episode of Oprah! Recently she was signed to Columbia Records, but I think she still occasionally plays in the New York City subways. Maybe the next time you’re rushing to get somewhere you’ll stop and give her a listen. I can’t seem to find this song on a streaming player so bear with the youtube vid.




Lately I’ve just been obsessed with songs played on acoustic guitars and live music. You know, I just need to be inspired. I need music to move me to action, and for my skin to tingle and feel alive. I have to feel like I’m in an episode of Felicity, in a turning point movement set to a sappy, yet optimistic soundtrack. Yeah, that’s it. Or maybe I just watch too much TV... yeah, that could be it too.

No comments: