Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Another job rant

The longer I stay at my current employment, the more I am convinced that I have sold my soul for sub-par wage and mediocre benefits. If I am to truly sell my soul to a corporation, at least line my pocket with a nice wad of cash! What happened to that desire to live to work rather than work to live? My “job performance” suffers because I don’t care about my job. I drag myself through the drudgery of administrative work knowing very well that it’s just not my cup of tea. My eyes glaze over. I look at the clock. I look again. So what do creative-minded people do to make a living? How do I find a job that makes me feel like a whole person again? I need my heart to swell and to know I’m breathing life into my work. But I can’t do that unless I am alive.

If you happen to come across my soul, tell her to come back to the body so we can figure out what to do.

Death Cab for Cutie- When Soul Meets Body (link expired)
(Buy Album: Plans)

No comments: