Monday, June 11, 2007

Billboard Interview with Interpol: “There is no I in Foursome”


Interpol’s third studio album, “Our Love to Admire” is schedule for release July 10th (oh how I count the days) by Capitol Records. An additional track, titled, “Mind Over Time” will be included in a pre-order launch campaign from iTunes says Sharon Lord, Capitol’s senior vice president of marketing. A Letterman show is also scheduled for a “street date.”

I have no idea what that means. Whatever it is, it better be soon! Since we failed to get Interpol tix at Bowery Ballroom, I've been itching to see them.

On the band, and on the new album, Daniel Kessler tells Billboard, “One thing about us that's been consistent is that it's not just one guy making decisions. It's always four people…That's the only way we can exist."

There was also a new picture of the band-- a promotional photo, I’m sure. Carlos D’s mustache has developed into a beard. I’m sure we all want to know if they were all in unison when Carlos D decided to grow a beard. Is this the new gun holster? He better be packing heat in there.

I’ll just marvel at this photo of them during simpler times… sans beard.
(Photo by Lorne Bridgeman)

No comments: