Friday, June 15, 2007

Flashback Friday: Come on down!

I'm posting the Friday post early today because I will be away this weekend and can not provide you all with the sweet sounds of kick-ass music. You're sad aren't you. I know... ::pats head:: poor babies.


Speaking of sadness, today will mark the end of the Bob Barker super-era at the Price is Right. Barker has hosted PIR for 35 years and announced his retirement late last year. Virtually nothing has stopped the game-show juggernaut from fulfilling his hosting duties-- not old age (he's 83), strokes (2 of 'em), or sexual harassment charges from models on the show, the "Barker Beauties." PIR has taught me the actual retail price of things I will never buy, and made me desire things I can't explain (hmm, where to park that RV). My only regret is I never got the chance to "come on down!" and talk into Bob's freakishly long microphone. The show will continue with a TBD new host, but it just won't be the same will it?

The Postmarks- Goodbye (link expired)
(Buy Album: The Postmarks)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have fun on your trip!!!