Tuesday, June 5, 2007

2007 ALMA Awards on ABC: Calle 13


Funky beat. I’m loving this song by Calle 13 which was performed at the ALMA awards, but unfortunately, my Spanish sucks and I haven’t the faintest clue what is the name of the song. The performance was high energy and had three women dressed like grannies who then threw off their moo-moos and got their groove on. That’s the only way to party you know.
But you don’t have to be multi-lingual to know a good thing when you hear it. Calle 13 is a Puerto-Rican fusion effort of reggaeton, salsa, bossa nova, jazz, and some electronic undertones, headed by René Pérez (“Residente”) and his step-brother Eduardo José Cabra Martínez (Visitante). I’m going to get my musical metal detector and go search for treasure.Wish me luck! Hopefully I’ll find out soon. Until then, make your ears happy with this great Calle song.

Calle 13- Tango del Pecado (link expired)

No comments: