Sunday, September 30, 2007

Iron and Cocktails

Sad news, my homegirl Sofiblu is moving. She unloaded her house wares and gave me her iron. (If only we had wine last night, this post heading would work out perfectly.)



As a going-away present, we went to the Kaiser Chiefs/White Rabbits/Datarock show at Beacon Theatre last night. Data Rock only played three songs, urging a non-obliging crowd to sing and dance with them. People… just sat, and clapped politely. We were really there to see White Rabbits one more time because we’re all about the White Rabbits. We’ve seen them support The Cribs, and front and center at Soundfix. They’re amazing. Unfortunately, the majority of the crowd at Beacon was not showing any love. It was rather dismal and we took it upon ourselves to be the cheering section. Greg rocked the boat shoes, and Matt showed off his ankles with the rolled up pants. Whatever, we love them. Too bad they only played six songs—and no cover of Bob Dylan’s Maggie’s Farm.


(Datarock)




(White Rabbits)








White Rabbits Setlist

Take A Walk Around The Table
Kid on My Shoulder
Tourist Trap
While We Go Dancing
I Used to Complain & Now I Don’t
Plot

Just as we concluded that the Upper West Side does not get down, the Kaiser Chiefs set was riotous. Beacon Theatre is not my cup of tea however (not a fan of seated venues), but they made it work. Ricky Wilson did his own take on crowd surfing by walking into the audience along the back of the seats, which was pretty cool.


(Kaiser Chiefs)










Kaiser Chiefs 9.29.07 Setlist

Everyday I Love You Less and Less
Everything is Average Nowadays
Heat Dies Down
Born to Be Your Dancer
Na Na Na Na Naa
I Can Do it Without You
Modern Way
Ruby
Learned My Lesson Well
I Predict A Riot
Thank You Very Much
Angry Mob
Take My Temperature

Encore
High Royds
Oh My God

Hope we’ll hear more from Sofiblu on the music front down south. Thanks for making this a memorable summer Sof. I’ll miss you lots!


White Rabbits- Kid On My Shoulder
(Buy Fort Nightly)

Kaiser Chiefs- Oh My God
(Buy Employment)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha, the upper west side does not get down :)

Thanks again for the lovely send-off, miss you already!