Sunday, September 23, 2007

Metric @ Webster Hall 9.21.07

Hands down, the best show I’ve seen since I started this blog in May was Metric at Webster Hall last Friday. When a band enjoys playing live shows, and appreciates their fans, you can absolutely tell because it translates into a mind blowing performance. And the fans appreciate them too of course. How else do explain all the women’s lingerie thrown on stage for Emily Haines?



I’m still reeling from Friday—I can’t believe I touched Emily Haines’ hand! And I can’t believe their bassist, Josh Winstead sat in to conduct the crowd in a sing-along. “Can you hear me? Because I can’t hear you!” he asked us. I didn’t think Rock Me Now would work in a concert-setting because it’s not exactly a head shaking anthem, but they absolutely rocked that song to bits. I was humming the beat of Rock Me Now that I didn’t even realize the band had left the stage. So we kept humming till they came back out. And then they did Monster Hospital and Stadium Live for the encore.



(click to enlarge)




What a night.

Metric- Rock Me Now
(Buy Grow Up and Blow Away)

No comments: