Thursday, September 20, 2007

Knives don't have your back (but friends do)

I have always believed in karma. It wasn't until I started this blog, and started to go concert-happy that I really, in the deepest part of my heart, trusted in karma. You put those good vibes into the universe, and they'll come back to you like a boomerang.

Self, be prepared to catch it.

Today's cosmic intervention involves an email I received from a dear friend of mine in California. It doesn't take much to make me cry, but I she basically said, "You always have everyone's back. Everyone knows it, and we all appreciate it. When you are ready to put yourself out there, you know we will have yours." She met someone really great, and I am so thrilled for her. As for me, I'm going to read and re-read, and re-re-read this excellent post from Said the Gramophone.

"Don't let hurricaines keep you back. Raging rivers, or shark attacks....

No comments: