Tuesday, September 4, 2007

An ocean away from Toledo

One of my oldest and dearest friends has moved to Japan where she will be working for an undetermined amount of time. I don’t think it sunk in completely yet—to not see my best friend in person for god knows how long. We’ve been friends for eleven years. Man, Judy Blume writes books about friendships like this… okay, no tears now. Really, I cry so easily. I made her a mixed tape as a parting gift. This is one of the tracks. It’s called “Do What I Can” by Greg Laswell. It makes me think of standing outside on a cold winter night, and just staring at the sky waiting for snow. But really, it’s a song he wrote for his mother and father, but I felt like it was so relevant. He’s an amazing singer/songwriter who is probably more recognizable now because he’s Mandy Moore’s boyfriend. That’s sad-- this guy is talented. No pop starlet needed to reiterate the fact.

Greg Laswell- Do What I Can (link expired)
(Buy Through Toledo)

No comments: