Sunday, September 9, 2007

The Gospel of The Editors

After witnessing one of the tightest and most energetic sets last Friday from The Editors, I came to the conclusion that if they ever needed a change of scene from the music business, they could, hypothetically, start their own church. Rev. Tom already has all the moves. And given how they’ve packed the house for a sold-out show at Webster Hall, it shouldn’t be too hard to get a few butts in the seats of the The Holy Ministry of Munich, (or something or other).

The Editors: (click to enlarge photos)





They closed the show with one of my favorite songs.

The Editors: Fingers in the Factories (link expired)
(Buy The Back Room)

Also, this was my first time at Webster Hall, and I quite liked it. Maybe this was a unique experience, as people just seemed to be incredibly nice. Sofiblu and I met this one fan who came down from Philadelphia for the show. She was a sweetheart, offering to hold my place at the front while I grabbed some posters and stickers. And this lovely photographer told us a little about Biffy Clyro, whom we didn’t know much about. The highlight of the Biffy set was when two fans unbeknownst to each other’s existence, became friends when they both shouted “Mon the Biffy!” When they heard each other shout this exclusively Scottish/English/Irish fan chant, they fought through the crowd and jumped, sang, shouted, and jabbered happily together for all the songs. It was pretty cute.

Biffy Clyro:




I think Sof and I were excited to see Ra Ra Riot again as well. They are growing on me.

Ra Ra Riot:



I was especially fond of bassist, Mathieu Santos’ bass skills. He flies that thing like a jet plane.

1 comment:

Andrew Maury said...

check out this remix of ra ra riot's ghost under rocks. enjoy

http://www.andrewmaury.net/remix/ghost.html