Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Changes (can be) good

My self-imposed “break” lasted all but a day and a half. It figures that I would need to be juggling a number of tasks at the same time in order to get anything done.

The big news while I was away was The Stills, loading up the Rent-a-Truck and making the move to indie music label, Arts and Crafts. It feels like the end of an era doesn’t it? Before I get into a sobbing heap over my favorite band from Montreal all grow up, sixeyes reports two, count’em TWO, show dates in New York! Earlier today Mercury Lounge would not confirm that they are indeed playing there next week, but if you click on the link to their live performance of "Helicopters" from the Canada Day show at Prospect Park, the New York dates are clearly posted.

Confused? Me too. If they are playing New York again, then hurray. Just this morning I was listening to The Stills on the subway thinking, "Man, it'd be great to see The Stills again." Hope this means wishful thinking can actually get results.

Missed Canada Day? Don't fret.

No comments: