Saturday, August 25, 2007

Rocking the Fort

The maracas are my new favorite instrument. Forget fancy guitars-- the maracas are where it’s at!

Friday night was probably the most fun I’ve had all week. Sofiblu and I were down in Williamsburg for the White Rabbits concert at Soundfix. The “stage” is merely a raised floor which works great for intimate shows. We were up in front and towards the end of the set, a band member nonchalantly hands a maraca to the crowd. When he didn’t get any takers, he put it back down on the keyboard. Without thinking, I grabbed it and started shaking it like nobody’s business. The guy next to me picked up a drum stick and started banging on the drum set in front of him. I love it when bands get the audience involved in their music. It’s so much more fun that way!

Here are a few pictures from the show:













Have you checked out Fort Nightly yet? Here's a four minute sampling of what it's like to embark on the White Rabbit holiday.

(link expired)
White Rabbits- Tourist Trap
(Buy Fort Nightly)

No comments: