Friday, August 10, 2007

NY shame

Just got back from The Cribs at Bowery Ballroom. Is it asking too much of New Yorkers to act a little civilized? Yes, it's a rock concert, but really, I would think us New Yorkers would be better than smacking women in a mosh pit till they got a bloody eye. Or pull their hair, or spit in their face when they push you assholes back and tell you to get the fuck off. We can jump up and down and dance and scream lyrics without getting pushy now. What are we, 15? Boys and girls, handle your liquor like an adult. GROW UP. Seriously, did not have this problem at all in Vancouver.

That said, Sofiblu and I vacated our spots close to the stage for the balcony where people gladly slid over and I watched a very nice man throw ice cubes at the dumbass moshers. And when the said hair-puller/spitter tried to get onto the stage, The Cribs' roadie threw him off. Literally... like into the hardwood floor. Karma? I think so. After the show, Sofiblu and I ran into The White Rabbits who were the second act, and we went up to talk to them. Okay Sof did the talking. I'm into smiling awkwardly and suppressing word vomit. The White Rabbits were fabulous. It's like... indie rock to a cool ocean breeze. Do see them live if you get a chance. They have a show in September with the Kaiser Chiefs, and also a performance at Soundfix in Brooklyn.

Pictures/etc tomorrow. I must wash spit out of my hair.

No comments: