Monday, August 6, 2007

The right question

On Saturday I went to Zune- Live at the BBQ which had some fresh hip hop acts. I won't pretend to know very much about rap and hip hop, but I love seeing concert goers get really into the music, reciting the words, eyes closed and feeling the beats.

Jadakiss and his crew, The Lox, opened my ears to the song "Why" which asks some pretty shrewd questions. Then I found this remixed version with Common, Nas, Styles P and Anthony Hamilton, which builds on the fundamentals of the song. In your every day living, and your every day thinking, never stop asking yourself, "Why?" Why does the world work this way? Why can't we change things? Why is it so hard to move people to action?

It's useful to ask this question in your personal life. Like me for example, why do I continue at a dead end job? Why am I afraid to be truly independent? Why can't I do 30 crunches without collapsing in exhaustion? Why is it so hard to move ME into action?

A little taste of the question at hand...

Jadakiss- Why (remix) (expired)

No comments: