Thursday, August 23, 2007

How does your garden grow?


Art: Thaw Malin

With the daughters on our arms, into the gardens, we'll run...
- The Rosebuds

My inner Martha Stewart wanted to take up gardening. I imagined myself with a woven basket and trimming shears in hand, tending to a shrub of fragrant and beautiful peonies. Did you know these little suckers take 3 years to bloom?!? Patience, sadly, is not one of my virtues.

Green-thumb, I have not, but I can plant my own playlist.

I heard this song "Get Up, Get Out" from The Rosebuds' Night of the Furies album. It opens with an impossibly catchy rhythm, reminiscent of some 80s new years party. I should get a mirror ball, and we can all put flowers in our hair and bust a move, BYOPS style (Bring your own polyester shirt)! I think there's a good variety here. If you haven't heard Reese Witherspoon sing before, her rendition of June Carter's Wildwood Flower is sweet and demure. Liz Phair's Flower on the the other hand, is everything but--- let's just say, "Boys, if Liz takes a liking to you, it's hard not to get the hint."


(links expired)

1) The Rosebuds- Get Up, Get Out
2) Sea Wolf- Black Dirt
3) Radiohead- Fake Plastic Trees
4) Air- Cherry Blossom Girl
5) Ben Lee- Daisy
6) Reese Witherspoon- Wildwood Flower
7) Liz Phair- Flower

2 comments:

bug said...

you're so cute. start with a chia pet!

Anonymous said...

I love all of these songs :)
Yummmmm