Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Needed: Vacation #2

(View from Stanley Park, Vancouver B.C.)


I'm back, but I would much rather be in Vancouver. The city is beautiful and it's such a contrast from the stressful nature of New York. My time in Vancouver felt like one deep breath.

Funny Vancouver story--- my friends and I were walking down the street when a group of people were coming towards us. When I looked up, I thought one of the guys looked a lot like Ben Gibbard (of Death Cab). I yanked my friend's arm, "Oh my god, that's Ben Gibbard!" So as the guys turned the corner, another friend turned around and shouted, "DEATH CAB RULES!" I thought I must have been mistaken. Who knows if they heard us. Later that night, when we went to see The Cribs at Richards on Richards, someone one in the band mentioned that his guitar was gift from Ben Gibbard. Coincidence? I think not... then again, my druken-English-accent-into-a microphone deciphering skills are pretty poor. Don't know if it was a recent gift or not.

Full concert update tomorrow

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

welcome back! :)