Monday, July 16, 2007

Mistaken for Strangers

New York Noise is one of my favorite programs, and is an epitome of public television done right. The latest episode followed lead singer, Matt Berninger of Brooklyn band,The National as he and his mom and dad took a tour of the United Nations. Little known facts about Berninger- he used to date Boutros Boutros-Ghali's speechwriter. And the video for Mistaken for Strangers? This was filmed in his apartment. I'm digging this song but it makes me a little sad. You get mistaken for strangers by your own friends...



Mister, my brainwaves are connected to the stereo too.

A friend of mine who has never heard of the National before, says they remind her a bit of Interpol. I don't think they sound much like Interpol at all. The sound isn't quite as dark. Or maybe she is just onto my not so subconscious obsession with Interpol as of late. You be the judge.

The National will play South Street Seaport (free!) on August 17th @ 6pm. See you there~

The National- Mistaken for Strangers (link expired)
(Buy the album: Boxer)

No comments: