Friday, July 20, 2007

In your dreams, there are unlimited Zs

I'm supposed to be packing for a mini overnight sleepover thing with a few of my girlfriends. There will probably be a Scrabble showdown. Ha, I'm such a geek. G-E-E-K... 10 pts!

Yesterday I had the best night ever. All I did was sleep. I have been so tired and cranky lately. All I really need is to sleep more. So with the unbearable heat and everything, I just fell into bed and slept and slept and slept and... Z z z z z z z z z...

For those of you keeping score, in Dream Land Scrabble, that right there earned me 90 pts.

The Softies- Sleep Away Your Troubles (link expired)
(Buy the Album: Holiday in Rhode Island)

I love The Softies, but they disbanded in 2000. Very sad indeed. Everything about their music is wistful and a little melancholy. It is beauty, it is the first few streaks of day break on your window.

Turn your head... go back to sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like! They sound an awful lot like Azure Ray, is there any connection?