Monday, July 9, 2007

My love to admire

When someone mentions Interpol, there is still a part of me that feels an incredible amount of regret. I am transported back to 2003, sitting in my freshman dorm room, oblivious to the fact that give or take 300 yards, Interpol plays a show and stops for a bite to eat in our dining hall. Ugh… even thinking about it makes my heart ache, hoping that it was all an urban myth. If only someone had come to me the day before, smacked me over the head with a copy of “Turn on the Bright Lights,” I might be a different woman today.

Flash forward two years, I don’t even remember how I came across the song NYC. But I did, and it made me long for home. I thought, why did it take me so long to hear about this band? It was a difficult time. I spent a lot of time staring at my ceiling. NYC looped on my playlist and I drifted in and out of a languid isolation.

Our Love to Admire comes out on Tuesday, July 10th so we are all about Interpol this week. Are you ready?

Interpol- NYC
(Buy the EP: Interpol)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am! I am! :)