Thursday, July 12, 2007

Cook like a ROCKSTAR

A little while ago, I found an interview that Interpol drummer, Sam Fogarino, did in 2002 with Jennifer Niederst Robbins, the mastermind behind Cooking with Rockstars. I love the concept. How better to get musicians to open up than to get them talking about what nourishes their bodies and their souls—food and music? I think it’s refreshing and a hell of a lot more interesting than yet another interview on the music process/inspiration/band origins. As Sam says:

"This is the best interview I’ve ever been on. No band name. No, why do you dress nice? Do you guys really like Joy Division? Okay, no? What about Echo and the Bunnymen? None of that. It’s all about food.”
I love Sam. He’s so cool. I love to cook too so I decided to give his recipe for Pasta with Mushroom cream sauce a go. It was a pretty basic and delicious recipe. I actually believe the pasta tastes better if you leave it in the fridge overnight, and then microwave it the next day as a quick lunch with a glass of white wine. Also, I think it’s fine if you leave out the porcini, especially if you’re not a fan mushrooms. You can probably use less cream as well. The wine I used was an Orvieto Classico.

Yummy! I’m kind of sad actually. I made one big batch on Saturday, and now it’s all gone. I will have to console myself by listening to more Interpol.


Interpol- Rest My Chemistry (link expired)
(Buy the new album: Our Love to Admire)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great food and great tunes...
All we ever really need in life eh? :)