Monday, October 29, 2007

Music Is My Hot Hot Soup

I made tomato soup today to console myself. I trekked to the supermarket for ingredients to stir into a big pot of "Wish I Was There" soup.

It was delicious, but not as satisfying as actually being at The Shivers show.-- the reason I needed to get my cookery on. What can I say, I'm an emotional chef. And I'm going through some doubts about my professional career/direction in life (or lack thereof), which prompted me to top off the soup with bread pudding. Okay, so I also cook when I get nervous.

All the more reason why I should have been at The Shivers gig at Rockwood Music Hall yesterday to calm me down. I only found out about it today when I randomly checked their Myspace to see what's going on with these guys. The delicately folksy love song, Beauty, was one of the most played songs on my iPod in college. And for good reason! Beautiful, and romantic are words that come to mind. Slow dance on a cloud without all the fluff-- it's a hard task to accomplish and these guys pull it off. Luckily, they're playing another show this Sunday, November 4th at Mercury Lounge.

They are worth checking out.

The Shivers- Beauty
(Buy the album, Charades)

No comments: