Thursday, October 4, 2007

Heartbreak Brought Us The Foo



Dave Grohl? Shot down? Is that even possible?

From the October issue of Elle Magazine:

ELLE: Please provide a snapshot of adolescent humiliation at the hands of a woman.

Dave Grohl: In seventh grade, there was this gorgeous, angelic girl named Sandy who moved to Alexandria, Virginia, where I grew up. Within the first few weeks of school, I asked her to go steady. She said yes, and we’d meet at her locker after every period and give each other hickeys. After about two weeks, she said, “I’m new here; I don’t want to get tied down,” and dumped me.

ELLE: Was she, like, a 23-year-old seventh grader?

DG: Nah, but she did have the whole feathered hair, Jordache jeans, lip gloss look. So I played it cool and was like, “What­ever, baby, no big deal,” but I was secretly heartbroken. That night I dreamed that I was playing guitar onstage in an arena, rocking ass in front of 20,000 people, and I looked down and saw Sandy crying because she made the biggest mistake of her life. And that dream’s what got me into this rock ’n’ roll thing.

Continue reading at Elle.com

I'm just trying to imagine the young Dave Grohl with the 80s hair (no business, all party) sucking back tears because a girl shat all over his heart. There, there... What is it people say? When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then spike it, chug it, and strap on a guitar and write some songs.

Hey, I guess we've got to thank Sandy for the Foo Fighters.

Foo Fighters- Virginia Moon (ft. Norah Jones)
(Buy In Your Honor)

No comments: