Thursday, October 25, 2007

Halloween Is Hard To Do


*That's right, I'm going to be Dean Cain for Halloween.

I'm going to a Halloween party this weekend, and I haven't got a costume. Originally, I planned on going as Olive from Little Miss Sunshine but without those perky red cowboy boots, people will wonder if I rolled out of bed and came in my pajamas. I hit up every shoe store from Canal Street to Union Square but couldn't find boots appropriate or affordable enough. Ah wells... Some back up ideas are to dress up like Superman's alter-ego, Clark Kent and be androgynous, or maybe glam it up as Audrey Hepburn from Breakfast At Tiffanys.

So it's not just me, Dinosaur thinks this is true also--- it's tough for the ladies to shop for costumes if you don't want to be a sexy cop or a sexy nurse. What if I wanted to be Susan B. Anthony and get my groove on to the Women's Rights movement? (This store has it but only in children's sizes) Not fair, I say, for the lazy and uncreative. Hunting down little make-it-work items for a costume can be fun, but I would rather go to one place, get the damn outfit, and be done.

No comments: