Saturday, July 19, 2008

Who Would You Rather Be?



After all this is gone,
Who would you rather be?
The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?

There’s a lot thinking going on these days about where my future is heading, so it helps me, I think, to just let it all go, and figure out what kind of direction I want for myself. (Easier said than done) They say these early years make the bulk of a quarter life crisis, and it couldn’t be closer to the truth. Sigh.

In any case, the bright side to my inclination for quick distractions helped me discover Metric’s acoustic version of Give Me Sympathy, which is off their forthcoming album. It was performed at Coachella for SPIN. I heard other live versions of this song, but I think I like it better acoustic. It gives it a little something extra, no? In fact, I love this song so much, I woke up this morning humming the melody. Wouldn’t surprise me if I was singing it in my sleep.

Emily Haines, now there’s a cool chick I admire. She and the guys are touring the festival circuit these next two months, and they’ll also be at All Points West in Jerz! It’ll be hot.

Metric- Give Me Sympathy (acoustic)
watch the performance here

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice song. I found more like this at http://www.mixturtle.com

Anonymous said...

So awesome! I wonder when this record is coming out? It needs to get here soon! :)

Unknown said...

oh wow, thanks for posting this!!!

i'm going to make it our mp3 of the day on our site tomorrow --- i'll throw you a shout out --

alex @ www.quietcolor.com

Unknown said...

this is great! thanks for posting it.