Friday, July 11, 2008

Memory Is a Two Way Street


photo: Rémi Thériault

My friend is nostalgic for college radio. I too am guilty of being stuck in the past, staring off into space these days, daydreaming of better days. They probably weren’t even that much better, but I suppose that's what age does to you. It makes you view your past through a rose-colored lens.

So, getting on to my Canadian music fix, Two Hours Traffic is a band out of Prince Edward Island, and Little Jabs was nominated for a Polaris earlier this month. The album is infectious listening, filled with memories of college radio sounds, an interesting mix of rock and pop.

Two Hours Traffic- Stuck for Summer
Buy “Little Jabs” here.
Two Hours Traffic’s myspace

Stuck for Summer is not my favorite track, (however appropriate for my current situation). My favorite would probably be “Stolen Earrings,” which I dare say, makes kleptomania sound so endearing…

You should wear
that pair
of earrings that you stole.
You’ve got a fiery soul,
and everyone should know
.

A live performance of this song is up on youtube if you’re interested in hearing it.

1 comment:

D. said...

CANADIAN MUSIC! =D