Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Smokey Rolls Down A Bollywood Music Vid

I’m really not the biggest Devendra Banhart fan, but I’m digging the song, Carmensita right now. Yup, it’s the song from the Bollywood inspired music video featuring Natalie Portman and Banhart in, “racial drag,” as the Asian-American culture blog, Disgrasian puts it.




I wonder what inspired the Venezuelan-American born folkster to go Bollywood? I don’t condone racial drag, but at the very least it’s not The Love Guru.

Props for a catchy song, but I'm on the fence about the mv.

Devendra Banhart- Carmensita
(Buy the album)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I really like this song, which is surprising since I haven't really given Devendra a chance before

D. said...

hmm i've never liked natalie portman but she looks especially bad in this video