Monday, April 14, 2008

For You, A Thousand Times Over



After finishing A Thousand Splendid Suns a few weeks ago, I eagerly picked up The Kite Runner. I stayed up until the wee hours last night finishing it because I couldn't’t bear to put it down. Khaled Hosseini is such a brilliant writer, and it’s been a really long time that I’ve read a novel worthy of getting under-eye dark circles.

It's been a couple of years since I've really enjoyed a book, and I don't mean reading on the subway during morning commute, or catching bits and paragraphs whenever I can. So last week when the weather was beautiful, I went to Bryant Park, and sat in the park, soaked up the sun, marveled at how green the lawn was, enjoyed a warm breeze and just read and read. There is something so satisfying about getting knee deep in a novel with no distractions except when the wind gets ahead of itself and turns the pages for me.

What should I read now?

1 comment:

Colin said...

Have you read 'Gould's Book Of Fish' by Richard Flannagan?

I could be mistaken but I think you'd like it.

x