Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Flow Natural

There may not be another place in the world where the bike messenger is as vital to the city energy as right here in New York. And leave it to the messengers to provide me with a daily dose of philosophical enlightenment. So tonight I watched Daniel Leeb’s 2005 docu-short about 10 times, and I’m loving it more every time. It’s mostly follows one messenger named Alfred Bobe Jr. as he goes on his daily run. His matter-of-fact attitude and talk of consciousness and awareness makes him a yogi on wheels, if not an artist. Seriously, not getting run over by the psycho traffic should be an art form.

Messenger


The man's got some insight, I tell you.

I love riding through here, you know? We have the Plaza Hotel on 5th avenue. This whole area smells like money…

(Sniffs the air as he rides pass a Central Park carriage.)

Or horse shit.
It is what it is...

Love the use of Masta Killa too. Old School/New Classic.

Water can flow, water can crash. Be water, my friend.

Masta Killa- Masta Killa
(Buy Masta Killa- No Said Date)

No comments: