Monday, February 4, 2008

Halfway There

I guess I can say I accomplished something this weekend:

1) Finally signed up for the International Mixed Tape Project with the expectation that it will be like Christmas every month. Can't wait to get my first mix!

2) Realized it's okay to fall hard, but maybe it wouldn't hurt to stop falling hard for unavailable men. Then again....

3) How else am I going to get material for a great mix? And bounce back? And send out good vibes into the world? Right after I finish these cookies.. yes. S reminds me that we will be seeing The Stills in a month which will cheer me up greatly. Something to look forward to.

4) Also, I need to get film for my lomography camera. The damn thing has been sitting on the desk since Thanksgiving, and I really would like to take it out to a show. Date with my lomography camera. Hot stuff.

No more sighs. Well here's a great opportunity to talk about how music defines a precise moment in time. I call this the Noel Crane effect. Do you remember when Felicity broke up with Noel and he sat in his beanbag chair in the dark listening to REM- Everybody Hurts on a loop? They don't make TV like that anymore.

Bouncing bouncing bouncing back...

Sara Bareilles- Between The Lines (link expired)
(Buy Little Voices)

1 comment:

Jon said...

I'm reminded why I check in here...cheers...