Wednesday, January 23, 2008

“23” + 1: Blonde Redhead, Raveonettes at Terminal 5

Nothing like getting back into the game with a little Blonde Redhead at Terminal 5.

Best part of the night was when a plaid-clad fellow showed up to jam with Kazu Makino and the boys on “23”.

“I don’t know who this is,” said Kazu, feigning recognition of one of the most recognizable guys in the scene.

Even though I was pretty far away from the front of the stage, I knew exactly who that was. I pretty much jumped on my friend, shaking him silly, shouting. “Oh my god! That's Paul Banks!!!” I was surprised when not a few more people in the crowd went a little crazy. Yes, guilty as charged, I am the screaming Interpol fan. And how jealous am I? I wish I had this guy’s view.

Because in all honesty can you tell that this blur right here is Paul Banks?



Well this one is a little better...


Everyone was pretty into BR. Does anyone know the name of the last song they played? Ah, I wish there was a setlist floating around somewhere.

The Raveonettes had their share of fans too. Lust Lust Lust, which received mixed reviews still has a few gems like "Lust" and "Aly, Walk With Me." I’ve never heard “Here Comes Mary” live either, so that was a real treat. They'll be back in the city in March at Bowery Ballroom, which they've called their "favorite venue."




The Raveonettes- My Tornado (expired)
(Buy Whip It On)

Blonde Redhead- 23 (expired)
(Buy 23)

1 comment:

Colin said...

Oh my, a PB guest appearance. That must have been really exciting! His hair is looking pretty great, erm, these days as well. :)