Thursday, March 6, 2008

Irish Eyes are Smiling



Kieran from the Dublin band, Delorentos was sweet enough to send me some tracks off their latest album, In Love with Detail.

What I really love about this band is their range—they can rock out, slow it down, and short of doing the hokey pokey and turn it all around, produce rock pop worthy of a road-trip sing-along.

And they will be in New York this weekend for the Craic Festival at Mercury Lounge (update: tix are sold out :( This makes me sad even though I already know I can't make it.) Sadly, I already have plans to see The Stills and I have been dutifully counting down the days on my calendar so I will have to miss this show, but if any of you go, let me know how it goes. Not to worry, I have no doubt that we’ll be hearing a lot more from this group.

Delorentos- The Basis of Everything
(Album available on iTunes and Amazon)

Other noteworthy tracks: “Stop” and “Do You Realize” and you can listen to both on their myspace.

No comments: