Thursday, March 20, 2008

Andrew Bird: Chi-town's Finest



Chicago’s roster of illustrious musicians can add Andrew Bird to its list. At least in my humble opinion, the guy is a genius. He plays the glockenspiel for starters, and I don’t even know what a glockenspiel is (wikipedia, you teach me new things every day).

I am particularly blown away by Imitosis. Lyrical wit, and a head bobbing beat. Crafty arachnids in the video for this single get it on to his cheeky plucking. It’s like a mad-dream science experiment gone right.




Two tracks on the album begin with chirping birds and they remind me that today is the first day of spring. Mea culpa, my bad-- I know I am kind of slow on this, as his album made its debut last year, but hey, better late than never, right? Take my new love for Andrew Bird as a sign: spring's a great time to get into something new.

Andrew Bird- Imitosis
(buy the album, Armchair Apocrypha)

No comments: