Sunday, June 1, 2008

One Year Later



Maria Taylor- A Good Start
(Buy Lynn Teeter Flower)

If this lovely lady sounds familiar to you, you might recognize her better from her other act with Orenda Fink, known as Azure Ray. I’m a big fan of Azure Ray, and was sad when they disbanded in 2004, but they’ve both gone on to lucrative solo acts. “A Good Start” is fuel for my inner optimist, the girl who agrees with solitude and intuition. Only you know what’s best for you. I can’t even stress that enough.

Nearly one year ago, I started this blog as a place to share my musical tastes, and as motivation to get out and cover some wicked shows. Have I succeeded? Meh, maybe. I have enjoyed getting to know some of my readers better, and getting acquainted with smaller, independent artists whose talent and persistence in this harsh business continually leave me in awe. How do you do it? However, I do apologize for not updating as often as I should. I’m going through some career turbulence right now which prevents me from focusing attention here more often. But I promise, when all this blogging stuff stops being fun, or when giant speakers finally do in my ear drums, (whichever comes first), is the day I retire my bloggy keyboard for good. Until then, do as Rihanna says, and "Please don't stop the music!"

Here’s to fragments of progress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember this picture!!! Good times :)