Friday, May 23, 2008

Dance Dance Revolución

I don’t know about you, but to me, the buzz surrounding Coldplay’s fourth studio album can almost be labeled non-existent to slow simmer. Maybe I like it better this way. I just want to enjoy the single like a juicy secret before I hear it on a loop every hour on the radio, or in a NY cabbie’s car stereo when I’m going somewhere trés important.

Okay, that last one is a lie. I haven’t been in a cab since 2003. Metrocards, baby, Metrocards. Cabs are still yellow right? :)

The single off the new record, Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends, is Violet Hill, and in addition to the conventional music video, the band also posted an alternative video on their myspace, protesting war and violence in the most unconventional way I can think of— dancing politicians. I vote for this one to be the official video. It’s powerful stuff.



And to his credit, John McCain never got caught dancing in public. Don’t know if it’s because he can’t get down, or he really can’t get down.

Coldplay- Violet Hill
(Preorder your copy Viva la Vida or Death… available June 17th)

No comments: