Tuesday, November 27, 2007

What We Keep


Turkey day came and went, and then came the numerous ways to use up leftover turkey. Turkey chili, turkey sandwiches-- frankly, I'm all turkeyed out. The only thing I want to do now is take a nap. Oh, and catch up on my Weeds.

Last Monday was the season finale and everything is changing for my favorite drug-dealing soccer mom, Nancy Botwin. If you haven't seen the finale yet, or you like your TV on DVD, I won't spoil it for you. But I would like to add that a really great song called, "Keepsake" was played during this episode, and it's by State Radio, a band fronted by the former singer of Dispatch. I haven't heard the rest of this EP, but if Keepsake is any indication of what the rest of the album sounds like, then it shouldn't be missed.

State Radio- Keepsake (link expired)

Get the first two seasons of Weeds on DVD here.

2 comments:

Colin said...

This is a programme that passed me by when it had its run in the UK, I'll need to take a look though, I think (especially if the soundtrack music is this good). And is it right that Martin Donovan is in this show? He is one of my favourite actors - his Hal Hartley stuff is just sublime (e.g. Trust).

Hunter Wry said...

Yup-- Martin Donovan is in the show, but only for Seasons 1 and 2.