Saturday, November 22, 2008

Fierce? Not Quite



EW gave Beyoncé's new album a very generous review, but kind of undeserving, IMHO. In fact, it seems like every major news outlet doesn't want to say Beyoncé fell short this time. I wondered if I was the only one who didn't think Sasha Fierce was as fierce as she seemed, though it turns out the average Amazon music buyer agrees with me on this one (Is the Deluxe version where it's at???). After that super If I Were A Boy mv, I expected more out of the rest of the album, but I was disappointed save for a few gems like Halo, Ave Maria, and Sweet Dreams (I love this song. It was the saving grace after the previous track, "Diva," which frankly sounded like it was sung over Chipmunks on crack. What happened, B?)

I love her, but this isn't for me. I'm gonna go back to listening to B'Day. Wake me when the next one comes out.

No comments: