Wednesday, November 5, 2008

#44 is a Magical Number.



No lie, I was a sobbing, puffy mess last night when Barack Obama gave his speech as the President-elect. Pinch me, it really happened! What astounds me is how his campaign mobilized so many Americans to believe in the power that we have as voters, and as citizens. You just have to give a damn. The votes of millions of Americans propelled him to the presidency, and although I know what a tough job he has a head of him, I'm not cynical about whether or not he can get it done.

Stevie Wonder- Signed, Sealed, Delivered
(Greatest Hits!)

Might I add, Senator McCain also gave an incredibly gracious concession speech last night as well. Except for the people ruining the vibe with the classless and unnecessary taunts, which he quickly shot down. That was truly maverick-y. They could learn a lot from Elisabeth Hasselbeck who uncharacteristically supportive of Obama this morning on The View. That was a shocker!

But hey, today anything is possible.

No comments: