Friday, July 18, 2008

Seeing Things

Raise your hand if you knew Jakob Dylan put out a solo album.

I spent most of my adolescence spinning The Wallflowers on my CD player and thought about changing my name to “Josephine” (It’s a lovely song. Look into it!). I was also beyond thrilled to catch their show at the Highline Ballroom last year. Imagine my surprise to learn Jakob Dylan is going solo! The new album, Seeing Things is thoughtful, introspective, and stripped down. Although it’s a little too folksy for my taste, I don’t question the man’s songwriting ability. He’s got an on old soul and it shows.

Could this be the start of a long and prosperous solo career?

He performed from his album on The Tonight Show earlier this week:



Jakob Dylan- Something Good This Way Comes
(Buy the album: Seeing Things)

No comments: