Monday, October 8, 2007

Kate Does Not Mince Words


(Photo: James Quinton)

Kate Nash is growing on me.

I gotta admit, I wasn't too into her when she vocalized her "needs" in a rendition of a hit Cribs tune, but this song just about takes the cake due to its variability. Depending on the day, the aforementioned "dickhead" could refer to a douchebag boyfriend, a menacing boss, or the idiot who cut you in line on the coffee truck queue. Let's just cut to the chase-- these people are being dickheads! Why mince words, right?

My friend said to me, "I love this dickhead song. 'You're just fuckin' up situations.' Oh, well done. Well done, Kate."

Well done, indeed. This song is like the musical equivalent of the little black dress: to-- the-- point--classic.

Kate Nash- Dickhead
(Buy the album from Amazon or CD Wow!)

No comments: