Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Raveonettes Demos

The Raveonettes have new songs up on their MySpace. On their last albums, the Danish duo melded retro fifties pop with punk friendly guitars. Although I wasn't a fan of their cover of The Angels' My Boyfriend's Back, the single "Love in a Trashcan" more than made up for it. It's has one of the slickest, coolest guitar riffs I've ever heard.

Of their new songs, “Lust” is my favorite. I’m a sucker for a brooding bass and dark beats. It seems like their new material peels off the heavy punk aspect that was more noticeable on the first couple of albums and is instead moving towards a sparser sound. They’ve also scaled back band-wise. Their current tour consists of Sharin and Sune, with the addition of one female drummer.

I’m really excited for their show at Bowery Ballroom on October 12. I’ve always wanted to see them live. They are also playing Southpaw in Brooklyn on October 10th.

The Raveonettes perform “Lust” at the Detroit Bar in California:
(It looks like it was filmed by a fan in the audience, so the video quality is not so great, but the sound is surprisingly good.)

No comments: